Participating Counties include Livingston, Steuben, Chemung and Tioga counties.
What is a Peer Engagement Specialist?
- Our Peers are individuals who are living the recovery experience. They are trained and certified to help their peers gain hope and achieve specific life and recovery goals.
- The individual served will be actively engaged in his or her own recovery from substance use disorder, as the Peer Specialist shares real world knowledge and lived experience as guidance towards a program of wellness and recovery.
- The role our Peers play in the recovery journey of a client varies depending on the unique needs of the individual. Peers will advocate for their clients in treatment settings and within their own community as they access the resources they need.
- Emergency room linkage to services for substance use disorder treatment.
- Linkage to Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) options.
- Linkage to mental and physical health resources, as well as housing, food, and insurance needs.
- Inpatient & Residential Programs.
- Outpatient Programs.
- Community Forums.
- Narcan Trainings and kit distribution.
- Connectivity and education for local Community Support meetings (AA/NA, SMART Recovery, etc.).