What is a Peer Recovery Specialist?
A Peer Recovery Specialist is an individual who is living the recovery experience, and have become trained and certified by OASAS to help others.
The combination of their life experiences and the training they’ve received, allows our Peer Recovery Specialists to assist others to gain hope and achieve specific life and recovery goals.
By being able to relate on a personal level, our Peer Recovery Specialists can share their own experience to teach and guide clients to build a better, substance free life.
Each recovery journey is different and therefore each client varies depending on the unique needs of the individual.
Peer Recovery Specialist will also advocate for their clients in treatment settings and within their own community as they access the resources they need.
- Clinic and Community Support
- Trained Navigators to aid with insurance enrollment
- Transport and connection to local 12 step programs
- Exploration of alternative pathways to recovery
- Identifying and addressing housing and transportation barriers
- Sharing their lived experiences
- “Warm Hand Off” Program