Tioga County Allies in Substance Abuse Prevention (ASAP) Coalition's mission is to engage communities in an effort to understand, prevent and reduce youth and community substance abuse through collaborations that inspire community change. In two years, ASAP has done the following:
- Expanded efforts to reach every corner of the county.
- Fundraising and awareness events;
- The recruitment of more than 90 members;
- The involvment of youth to plan prevention campaigns and activities for their schools;
- Partnerships with more than two dozen local agencies and businesses to increase awareness in our communities.
ASAP has secured a federal grant which will bring over $622,000 to Tioga County over five years. The grant will help to expand and improve substance abuse prevention messages and address risk and protective factors unique to Tioga County.
What Do You Need to Know About Tioga ASAP?
- Anyone who cares about substance abuse issues can be a member;
- We meet the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 1pm. The meeting is located at HHS Building on State Route 38 Owego, NY.
- Be a part of the solution: there are many work groups and ad hoc committees.
- Find us on Facebook for more information @Tiogaasap
Below are some key publications that may be helpful.
- Underage Drinking Prevention Guide
- YOU Matter in Drug and Alcohol Prevention
- Parents Who Host Lose the Most
- Environmental Prevention Strategies
- Talking to Your Child